[Zope3-dev] Renaming an object vs moving it

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri Feb 4 17:21:51 EST 2005

Jürgen Kartnaller brought up an issue with copypastemove.rename and its
effect on ordered containers. rename uses an IObjectMover, which removes
an item and then adds it back to its container. For ordered containers,
this has the effect of moving the item to the last position of the
container.

I'm wondering if a rename should have the full effect of removing an
item from its container and then adding it again -- with all the related
object events being fired.

Alternatively, we could fire a single ObjectRenamedEvent, which extends
ObjectMovedEvent. I think this is more accurate than separate remove and
add events.

Thoughts?

 -- Garrett