[Zope3-dev] Problem granting to principals

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Wed Feb 9 18:57:37 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> When using the @@grant.html view, I'm getting a lookup error when I
> search for a principal in  a principals folder:

I'm not.

Furthermore, there are functional tests that exercise this,
although, I'm not sure they include all of the get requests.
(Message to self, make sure to include gets, not just posts,
when recording tests.)

>   File "\zope\app\security\browser\principalterms.py", line 49, in
> getTerm
>     raise LookupError, principal_id
>
> I've seen this work not too long ago.
>
> I've tried various settings, e.g. with prin folder prefix and without,
> but I always get this error.
>
> I can add a collector issue, unless this is user error, or someone fixes
> it first :)

If you submit a collector issue, it would be very helpful to include a
functional test, or at least so give specific steps to reproduce
the problem.