[Zope3-dev] Problem granting to principals

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 10 07:02:56 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> The problem was that I hadn't specified a principal factory for the pau.
>
> I'm not sure if this is still a bug, but in any case, the grants page
> should be more forgiving or informative. I'll add a low priority issue
> to that effect.

Ah, I should have thought of that. Dang.

At the very least, the searching machinery shouldn't return principals
if there isn't a factory that understand them.  I'll look at this.

In general, the user experience of setting up a pluggable authentication
is pretty bad.  It badly needs to be improved.

I have some ideas for improving the UI, if anyone's interested. :)