[Zope3-dev] Problem granting to principals

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Feb 10 07:30:01 EST 2005

Roger Ineichen wrote:
> Hi jim

Thanks!

We need a shorter name for pluggable authentication utilities,
at least when talking aming outselves.  I suggest "plugauth"

My suggestion is that we make plugauths folders that hold plugins.
They would grow a "Plugins" tab. Plugins would be set up to be
contained in pluauths and plugauths would only contain plugins.
Plugins would *still* be registered as utilities, but we could
provide a streamlined registration process.  For example,
adding a plugin with a certain name would register it with that name
*and* probably offer to configure it in the plugauth.  This would
make plugauths much more like Zope 2 PASs.

I'm sure you can think of other improvements to the actual UI.

In any case, I think we shouldn't do this until Stephan has
had a chance to merge is branch and until we've had a chance to
recover. ;)