[Zope3-dev] Permission granularity/permission groups

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Feb 11 08:02:49 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
>> Does Zope 3 offer a way to override the component author's security
>> declarations without patching the component itself?
>
> Of course. You simply provide your own declarations for the class
> in question, typically in (or in a file included by) your
> overrides.zcml.

Cool, as long as I can change the permission->method/attribute mapping
without touching the origincal component's code (and I include it's zcml
as part of that!) then I'm happy :-)

BTW, also related:

- is deny-by-default really the case now in Zope 3? (rather than
supposedly being the case in Zope 2, but hey, everything subclasses
SimpleItem, and SimpleItem says "all your base are belong to us" ;-)

- can you protect both simple attributes, objects-as-attribues and
methods now?

>> Is that related to anything Garret was asking about?
>
> Yup.

I'm tempted to ask "in what way?", but I'm not sure I want to know the
answer ;-)

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk