[Zope3-dev] Re: CSS-Style-Guide / looking for help

Jean-Marc Orliaguet jmo at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 14 09:27:21 EST 2005

Tonico Strasser wrote:

> Peter Simmons wrote:
>
>> Does it somehow add some functionality because the css designer can
>> decide whether there are 2 classes for an element or something like
>> that?

Hi,

> Don't understand your question, but it should be easily possible to
> put two names in the class attribute.

indeed you can write:

because usually you want to define font shapes, area colors, etc for
your entire site and re-use them inside many widgets, portlets. etc...

This makes it possible to mix together CSS classes and avoid useless
duplications in case only the color of a widget changes and not the
fonts that it uses, CPSSkins uses that method of combining many CSS
class names together, (font shapes, colors, area shapes, colors, form
styles, etc...) to create composite styles for each object. It is a bit
like impressionism in a sense...

Which makes me wonder why one would want to set widget names in CSS
class names...

regards /JM