[Zope3-dev] Re: CSS-Style-Guide / looking for help

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Feb 14 14:41:33 EST 2005

Hi Jean Marc

I think that good ideas.

But don't understand me wrong, we don't need this concepts in the
core widgets and forms. We just have to make sure that
we can implement this concepts later without changes.

Actually we have to define simply styles for the core implementation.
All other concepts are welcome but has to be optional and build on
the exsisting part.

> Which makes me wonder why one would want to set widget names in CSS
> class names...

You mean the proposal.

http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/CascadingSt
yleSheetStyleGuide

I proposed useing CSS class names in widgets. Not widget names in
class names.

This makes it possible to define default styles for input fields.
like:

<input type="text" class="text" ... />

Or do you know another method to define CSS classes for:

<input type="text" ... /> or <input type="checkbox" ... />

Regards
Roger Ineichen