[Zope3-dev] Onlinhelp - Apidoc

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Mon Feb 14 15:37:06 EST 2005

Hi together

I whould like to improve the onlinehelp utility?

- Add page templates as possible topics.
  (needed for accessing css files which are located in
   other packages)

- Add a factory attribute to the Help: directive
  (Let's use custom topic implementations)

- Remove dependency to the rotterdam skin.
  Some onlinehelp templates are located in
  zope.app.rotterdam.

- Improve help topic tree. Make the tree independent form
  the topic views.

- Add status information to the tree.

- Remove logic out of the views. There is to much logic in
  the view part of the topics.

Any sugestions?

I like to change this part because I whould like to use
the onlinehelp for adding Zope3 Style Guides in a HTML format.

What do you think, should the Onlinehelp be?

We like to refactoring the classBrowser view too.
The classBrowser.html view should show more information about
a the context where this view is calling for.

This changes are proposed in other mail? or at least in the
IRC together with jim and stefan last week.

Is it correct if we use the classBrowser.html view for show
contextual information via the 'apidoc' mechanism.
This part contains information in a developer level.

And the onlinehelp shows information like CSS or page template
Style Guides for graphic people, user etc in a scripter level?

btw:
Useing the onlinehelp utility should also be possible for
contextual or general help in customer projects as a
help tool.

Regards
Roger Ineichen
Projekt01 GmbH