[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Brian Sutherland jinty at web.de
Thu Feb 17 07:49:11 EST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 06:51:37AM -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> The high-quality mandate of the Zope 3 development process gives our trunk
> more stability than many other project's releases. So what are the advantages
> of a release?

I am from a little downstream from you (SchoolTool packaging and release
management). I would like to add some other advantages of a release,
from my pov:

* Something which will then be distributable (e.g. you can make packages
  of it and others which depend against them)
* Something stable others can develop against with reasonably up to date
  features.

Personally, 3.1 not being released is causing me a lot of unnecessary
work.

--
Brian Sutherland