[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Feb 17 09:30:27 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
>> Yes, I know I'm sounding like a broken record here.
>
> Especially since I and others already agree with you.  We are going
> to switch to regular releases, but it's going to take some effort to
> get that started.

I know, I just was rather taken aback by the XXX comment on the checkins
list the other day and thought I'd bleat again.

In addition this week I heard the schoolbell/tool people sigh a bit
about Zope 3 releases -- they have been developing against Zope 3 trunk
and are planning a stable release in march for Schoolbell. They were
assuming/expecting a release of 3.1 in january, but that didn't happen.
Anyway, one can't blame just the Zope 3 project for that but also the
development decisions taken with Schoolbell, but it's an unfortunate
situation.

Additionally, since Five is still at Zope X3 (as I refuse to develop it
against the trunk unless I know a release is imminent), Five has no
chance of ever reusing Schoolbell code, as it relies on features not in
X3.0.

I didn't say this before, but now that Brian has spoken up about it I
feel I can repeat it. :)

Regards,

Martijn