[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Gintautas Miliauskas gintas at pov.lt
Thu Feb 17 14:23:03 EST 2005

Hello,

> I see the trunk as Zope's 'release early and often' strategy. I think
> this is a smart, pracitcal way to get new features into people's hands
> (early and often) without incurring the overhead of a formal release.
>
> The fact that so many Zope 3 developers use the trunk suggests that the
> community sees it this way.

I would say that most developers use the trunk because they have no
choice, other than to stick with the release that is somewhat outdated.
On one hand, it is nice to fix Zope3 bugs as you go and use the fixes
immediately, but it's a completely different story when the time comes
to deploy (or package up) the software.

--
Gintautas Miliauskas <gintas at pov.lt>
Programmers of Vilnius