[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Fri Feb 18 05:39:55 EST 2005

Tom Hoffman wrote:
[snip]
> We decided to develop from the trunk understanding the risks, so I
> don't feel like it is appropriate to make a big fuss about 3.1 not
> being released by a certain time.  No promises were made to us.

Note that I didn't mean to imply that promises were made or that the
risk wasn't known (though perhaps you didn't fully realize how big the
risk was :). I just meant to give an example that not doing a release
*is* making life harder for people.

One gets a development traffic jam -- if Zope 3 doesn't have a
foreseeable release, neither does Five, and thus neither does a
Five-based project that needs features that are actually done in the
trunk of Zope 3.

Anyway, it's the pot and kettle for me as Five is behind in making
releases itself. ;)

Regards,

Martijn