[Zope3-dev] maildelivery utility

Tarek Ziadé tziade at nuxeo.com
Fri Feb 18 07:39:26 EST 2005

Hello,

I need to implement a STMP Mailer in zope 3, using the threaded Queue
system.

So i have started to implement IMailQueueProcessor using a
QueuedMailDelivery and a SMTPMailer

But there's a missing feature that i need to have. Here's my use case :

Beeing able to send mails from the queue to different SMTP servers,
Each time a sent is made, a different SMTP Host /identity can be used.

Since the queue calls a mailer wich is already instanciated with one
smtp user_id/server_name, that would mean that I would need either :

   1. to extend IMailer's send method to be able to give smtp user id,
user password and  host on the fly when a mail is sent.

   2. to use one queue per SMTP server

2. is too heavy
1. sounds good to me

What you people think ?

Should I extend things to make it work this way ? ("multi smtp")

If so, would it be interesting as a new feature in zope.app.mail ?

or do you people have a better solution / did i miss something ?

Thanks

Tarek