[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 release planning

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Fri Feb 18 10:11:31 EST 2005

Martijn Faassen wrote:

> I don't understand this. I thought after Zope X3, the fundamental
> changes were slacking off and the API won't be broken anymore unless
> there is an explicit decision made. Luckily Zope 3 a platform
> well-tested and flexible enough to grow and change still, though. One
> way to help people manage this change is regular releases, as:
>
> I thought the point where the fundamental changes stop happening
> already took place, at X3.0.0. When are the fundamental changes going
> to stop, in your opinion? It's not like Zope 3 hasn't been in
> development for some time now.

There is a slight difference between facts and plans (assumptions,
illusions, thoughts, wishes, commitments ...):

The observable fact is that there were fundamental changes even if there
were other plans.
IMO it was important to make those fundamental changes because they
decrease the complexity of the framework drastically and will pay off
very soon. That's live - take it easy or hard, it's up to you. ;)

Regards,
Dominik