[Zope3-dev] Replacing class refs in ZODB

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri Feb 18 12:28:35 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Garrett Smith wrote:
>> So I take it this is non-trivial. I was hoping it would boil down to
>> a search-and-release in the Data.fs.
>
> It depends on what "this" is.  One could fairly straightforwardly
> write a script that could convert an off-line database.  I think we
> really want to be able to do this without taking the database
> off-line.

This is what I was thinking "this" was.

I can see the desire to avoid an explicit conversion script that ran
outside Zope. But one could wire z3.py to run such a script before
opening the DB, or fire a PreDatabaseOpen event.

But then you're dealing with a file-level generations scheme, which is
getting icky.

So, for the time being, aliases are here to stay? And stay...

 -- Garrett