[Zope3-dev] Zope 3.1 release & the Zope3Book?

Jeroen Janssen japj at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 19 04:00:05 EST 2005

Hello,

There has been a lot of discussion on a Zope 3.1 release in the near future.

I was wondering what the plans are for the Zope3Book related to a Zope 3.1
release.

I think one of the (maybe positive?) 'problems' with Zope3 development is
that it's going fast. That affects the (printed) documentation available in
a way that it is outdated almost instantly on publishing.

Since a digital book does not have to be published on paper, it can more
easily be updated. But a problem can be that you probably don't want to
cover changes in Zope3 as soon as they happen in the trunk (because some
things might get removed/changed again just as you wrote a large piece of
documentation on it).

Anyway, I hope that a new official release of Zope3 would also somehow
relate to an updated version of the Zope3Book.

btw, is the Zope3Book (I don't mean the samples, but the book itself)
available in subversion somewhere?

---
Jeroen Janssen