[Zope3-dev] Zope3 memory mystery

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Sat Feb 19 08:28:37 EST 2005

On Sat, Feb 19, 2005 at 02:50:59PM +0200, Marius Gedminas wrote:
> 'python test.py -pvu zope' peaks at 147 MB
> 'python test.py -pvf zope' peaks at 106 MB
> 'python test.py -pv zope' peaks at 435 MB

Filtering tests to just zope.app is also enough to reproduce the effect:

  http://mg.pov.lt/zope-test-graph.png

The first peak is test.py -pv zope.app, the second one is test -pvf
zope.app, the third one is test -pvu zope.app.  Green line is RAM,
purple is swap.  The vertical scale of the graph is 512 megs.  I'm not
exactly sure what the horizontal scale is, but gnome-system-monitor was
told to update the graph once every 10 seconds, and each update produced
a noticeable several-pixel jump.  The time scale as reported by unittest
was this:

  test -pv zope.app
    Ran 2935 tests in 132.238s
    Ran 297 tests in 268.311s

  test -pvf zope.app
    Ran 297 tests in 182.526s

  test -pvu zope.app
    Ran 2935 tests in 128.019s

Marius Gedminas
--
You have moved the mouse. NT must be restarted for the changes to take effect.