[Zope3-dev] Re: Solved: Zope3 memory mystery

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Sat Feb 19 23:34:51 EST 2005

[Jim Fulton]
> A unit test set up an event subscriber that logged events to a list and
> never unsubscribed it.  I just checked in a fix.

Cool!  Congratulations.  Do you think it might be helpful to sketch
the procedure you used to determine this?  I didn't have anything
better in mind than eliminating half the unit tests at a time, doing a
binary search to zero in on the culprit(s).

Results:  on a WinXP box, running unit and functional tests in the same run:

High water mark at the time unit tests end:  132MB
And at the time the functional tests end:  still 132MB

That's more like it.

case-closed-ly y'rs  - tim