[Zope3-dev] Principal Folder How-To

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Sun Feb 20 10:25:08 EST 2005

Stefan Marti wrote:

>Hi,
>
>can someone give me an advice to setup a working principal folder to
>authenticate users? I have no success for hours now and can't find really
>helpful information about it.

I fixed two days ago a bug which was crashing the role-permissions view
within a site. Therefore be aware to have a current check out.

It's still a little adventure game,  pretty error-prone and far away
from an easy-klicking-end-user-wizard :)

we figured out a working way...

0. make folder test, makeSite and then go to ++etc++site/default
1. add a PrincipalFolder: prefix *empty*, objectname *principal*
2. klick register button
3. change register as *principals*,  registration status *active* on New
Utitlity Registration View and press add afterward.
4. Add an principal information inside *principals*: login *foo*,
password *bar*, title *Foo*, Description *Foo*, objectname *foo*
(otherwise you get a number als objectname)
5. back to ++etc++site/default
6. Add Puggable Authenticatio Utitlity: *pau*
7. klick register button
8. do not change register as (default *empty*), change provied interface
*zope.app.security.interfaces.IAuthentication*, registration statur *active*
9. klick Edit of the *pau*
10. add credential extractors *HTTP Basic*, authencitacors *principals*,
challangers *Zope Realm HTTP Basic*, principals factories *Default*,
search plugins *principals* klick change button
11. back to ++etc++site/default
12. Add Role: title *visitors*, description *visitors*, objectname
*visitors*
13. klick register button
14. change register as *visitors*, registration statur *active*, klick
add buton
15. go to ++etc++site, action view Role-Persmissions
16. change matrix zope.ManageContent/visitors +, zope.View/visitors +
17. go to test, action view Grant
18. klick searc button below principals, select *Foo*, klick apply button
19. grant role *visitors* allow, klick change button
20. you should be able to login to test

good luck ;)

regards,
Dominik Huber