[Zope3-dev] Re: Solved: Zope3 memory mystery

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Feb 21 07:24:43 EST 2005

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Jim Fulton]
>
>>A unit test set up an event subscriber that logged events to a list and
>>never unsubscribed it.  I just checked in a fix.
>

> Cool!  Congratulations.  Do you think it might be helpful to sketch
> the procedure you used to determine this?

Probably not. It was mostly insight.  A unit test that causes memory
to grow in subsequent functional tests was likely something that
registered a list append method as a subscriber for all events and didn't
clean it up.  I was aware of machinery that registered a list.append,
however, it was getting cleaned up.  It took me some digging, in the end,
using your friend (print statements;)  to find the test that was registering
a list.append and not cleaning it up.