[Zope3-dev] Local site configuration is too hard

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Mon Feb 21 18:26:18 EST 2005

> I suggest going back your our Zope roots.  Managing a site should
> happen by adding objects to and managing objects in site-management
> folders.

TTW configuration tools that overrides or disuses file-based
counterparts of the same type (for example, CMF TTW skins, Z2 database
adapter settings) are not terribly useful for most of the projects I've
worked on.  I'm not sure that any sort of framework configuration is
really good for the TTW interface.  Maybe this is just because I've
never seemed to have met a "site manager" who could make use of these
tools effectively without causing problems for developers.  As a result,
I'd be quite happy with file-based configuration only (even if it meant
needing many files for many different "sites").

- C