[Zope3-dev] Re: [Zope3-checkins] SVN: Zope3/trunk/src/zope/security/ When you get an Unauthorized error, now you can see the object in addition to

Marius Gedminas mgedmin at b4net.lt
Wed Feb 23 05:36:55 EST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 08:08:39AM +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Marius Gedminas wrote:
>
> >Log message for revision 29253:
> >  When you get an Unauthorized error, now you can see the object in
> >  addition to
> >  the attribute and permission names in the traceback.
> >
> >  Should a minor change like this be mentioned in doc/CHANGES.txt?
>
> I do hope this is just a debug option?
>
> On a production site, an unauthorized shouldn't show ANY of the
> information you list above...

The standard Unauthorized exception view does not show any information.

You will see this information, if

 - You have a functional test with handle_errors=False (my primary use
   case)

or

 - You change the configuration of the error reporting utility, because
   it ignores Unauthorized exceptions by default.  This requires manager
   access to the Zope instance, I believe.

I also tried to see whether the debug skin would show me anything.
/++skin++Debug/@@contents.html always gives me a Not Found error, while
/++debug++errors/@@contents.html shows me the standard informationless
Unauthorized error message in the basic skin.

Marius Gedminas
--
I am right now in the process of reading the Xft source code (the suspense near
the end of Chapter 7 is unbearable) [...]