[Zope3-dev] Re: Bug 358/359, 367 fixed

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Thu Feb 24 06:27:35 EST 2005

<http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-February/013552.html>

> Perhaps we can define this in two groups:
>
> - New feature supported browsers and
> - old compatibilty browsers
>
> This means we provide at least to skins.

What are the special features that wouldn't degrade in older browsers?

I'm rather optimistic that we can make one full featured skin that
degrades in older browsers. The only things I can think of that wouldn't
degrade are wild JavaScripts, but that wouldn't be WCAG level A[1]
conform and difficult to support because we would need to account for
more browser bugs additional to the rendering bugs. Some features like
the XML HTTP request aren't even standardized.

[1]http://www.w3.org/TR/WAI-WEBCONTENT/#Conformance

Tonico