[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1 release

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Feb 28 10:43:12 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

as you have probably noticed I updated the TODO list for the 3.1 release and
started resolving some issues. Currently we have about 40 urgent issues and
80 XXX comments.

Not all of the issues are of the form "not working; needs a fix". So I want to
quickly write about the controversial and hard ones to get some feedback.

- Issues 288, 328, and 333 all deal with the XML tree. One issue deals with a
browser not supporting the JS correctly. I think we will have these issues
all the time and some of them cannot be fixed. I would like to propose to use
the static tree by default and make the XML tree a separate skin.

- Issues 287 and 363 both deal with the broken "active mode" in FTP. This is a
hard problem. Someone really needs to devle into the code. Steve is looking
at other FTP-related issues right now, so he might be able to look at those
as well. Otherwise I would suggest asking Shane to help out.

- Issues 301 and 314 both deal with i18n-TAL-namespace problems. The really
controversal one is 314. In order to make message strings sane, we always
normalize the whitespace. In <pre> tags, however, this might not be
desirable. Should we not normalize for <pre> tags, or does it even make sense
to use i18n:translate inside a <pre> tag.

If we want a release soon, we need to get working on those bugs! About 80% of
them are non-trivial and require some serious digging.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter