[Zope3-dev] Re: questions concerning the security framework

Tres Seaver tseaver at zope.com
Tue Jan 4 13:38:01 EST 2005

Garrett Smith wrote:
> Sven Schomaker wrote:

<snip>

>>And last but not least is there the concept of local
>>roles like it has been in z2?
>

> I believe this is being handled (or will be handled) with the pluggable
> authenticaion service (PAS). I'm not sure what the status of this is.

"Local" roles are specifically *not* defined in the user folder;  any
roles granted to the user in a PAS are "global".  In Zope 2, an object
can have a majyk attribute, '__ac_local_roles__', which contains grants
for that object and its contents (transitively).  I don't know if Zope3
has a cognate.

Tres.
Tres Seaver                                tseaver at zope.com