[Zope3-dev] New Software Space UI

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Wed Jan 5 10:41:40 EST 2005

Hello everyone,

as you might know, I am in the process of completing the Component
Architecture simplification work by removing the concept of services as well
as the view API (though views were converted to adapters already). Also, the
concept of a site manager will become a much more central concept as it holds
both, the adapter and utility registry, and provides basically the local
Component Architecture API.

Once I am done with the Python work, the Web UI will need some major
refactoring as well. However, I am not good with UIs or more specifically, I
really do not know what users expect from it. Thus I wanted to ask you guys
how you would like the UI to behave from a functional point of view. Maybe
answering the following questions might help:

1. What do you like about the current way of configuring components through
the Web UI?

2. What do you *not* like in the current UI?

3. Is the "Tools" tab helpful? How could it be improved or should it be
removed?

4. What tasks do you most frequently complete in Software Configuration space?

Thanks for your help!

Note: Please do not criticize the UI layout in general, as I am not going to
work on it. I am just changing the software configuration UI to reflect the
latest changes.

Regards,
Stephan
--