[Zope3-dev] New Software Space UI

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Mon Jan 10 10:36:55 EST 2005

On Thursday 06 January 2005 10:26, Roger Ineichen wrote:
> What's missing in the tools view is, that we have to click on
> a overview (title) to see what's behind.

I agree. I think this is the way I will implement it for the Python developer
now.

> I also like to have more usefull information in such management views.
> e.g.
> - List allready registred utilities, for prevent of double adding

The framework should not allow you double adding and throw an error, but I
agree with the info.

> - List allready registred names, for prevent of double adding

What do you mean?

> - Delete a tool (for do your work in one view)

Yes, I agree.

> My target whould be, to do all what we can do with tools/utilities in
> one place. I think, the most problem to administrate zope3 is
> to klick arround an find where you can do what. Especily for new users.

I agree completely.

> I propose to use more usability factors for visualize information.
> This could be colors like. (Just a quick example)
>
> Green title = allready exsit
> Red title = registred not on default interface
>
> I added allready this concept in the grant.html view on the
> branch roger-sourcequeryview. Please take a look there if you
> interessted to see what I mean.

I think I ahve to look at your branch. Sigh, I am just so busy with this work
here.

Regards,
Stephan
--