[Zope3-dev] Zope X3.1? Ane rough feeling for release date?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Wed Jan 12 08:18:33 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:

> I suggest the following compromise.
>
> I suggest we shoot for time-based releases.  Based on some frequency
> of releases, we'll right down a schedule and, if there is a volunteer to
> manage a release, then we'll make the release based on whatever is ready
> at the time.  Otherwise, we'll wait until the next release for which
> there is a manager.
>
> What frequency should we shoot for?

A 3 to 4 month cycle between releases, with a possibility of more
frequent bugfix releases. This release cycle is probably too fast for
the long term, but it can slow down. It's probably a bit too slow for
the near time given the need for open-source attention, but it doesn't
seem realistic to go faster.

> If there was a volunteer, I think we could begin a release nowish.

I'm not volunteering right now, as I have a hard time enough getting a
Five release out of the door. :) Perhaps writing a post specificially
asking for volunteers and what would be needed from them, will get us
somewhere.

Regards,

Martijn