[Zope3-dev] Checkin lists policy query (Was "Re: New Software Space UI")

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jan 13 09:43:41 EST 2005

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Roger Ineichen wrote:
>
>> I got a message like this after commit:
>>
>> Your mail to 'Zope3-Checkins' with the subject
>>
>>     SVN:
>> Zope3/branches/roger-sourcequeryview/src/zope/app/rotterdam/zope3.js
>> Change javascript for supporting mozilla
>>
>> Is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
>>
>> The reason it is being held:
>>
>>     Post by non-member to a members-only list
>>
>> Either the message will get posted to the list, or you will receive
>> notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel
>> this posting, please visit the following URL:
>>

>> http://mail.zope.org/mailman/confirm/zope3-checkins/1ad947a8694ab0a8aa0dba57
>>
>> d215523e9af5efb3
>

> The current policy is causing us to lose the archive of checkin
> messages.  We need to reverse the "subscribers-only" policy for the
> checkins lists, perhaps replacing it with a check that the posting comes
> from {cvs,svn}.zope.org.  It is *not* a reasonable expectation that
> every potential committer knows to subscribe to all the possible
> checkins lists.

We're in the process of changing this.  This is why the message above says
the message is being help, rather than rejected.

When when a message is held, we'll check to make sure the sender is valid
and then add the sender to a list of valid non-member senders for the list.

I has preciously made this change for zope-cvs and zope3-checkins. I just
made it for zope-checkins and cmf-checkins.