[Zope3-dev] Re: Is Zope3 suitable to implement CRM/ERP applications?

Stefane Fermigier sf at nuxeo.com
Sun Jan 23 14:31:33 EST 2005

Osvaldo Santana wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Me and my friends want to develop a free (GPL-like) multiuser CRM/ERP
> application and we are interested in Zope3 primarily because of its
> integration with ZODB and Python. In addition to because Zope3
> component model of development seems us more interesting than others.
>
> We are aware of the risks to use a framework that still in development
> and we'll hope to collaborate on development of Zope3. But we are
> still gathering more information about Zope, then we will be thankfull
> if anyone could answer the following questions:
>
> - Are there implementations of CRM/ERP in Zope3? (ERP5 uses Zope2)

I don't know.

> - Is Zope3 suitable to implement a CRM/ERP application?

I think it is, since ERP5 is based on Zope+CMF, and uses mostly the kind of
services (from the CMF) that have been integrated in Zope3.

> - What are more commons problems related about performance of ZODB?

Experience running ERP5 shows that ZODB is not a bottleneck, if you use an SQL
database for catalogging data.

> - Will be there a lot of changes in Zope3 API in the near future?

Don't know.

> - Where can I obtain more informations about component-based
> applications development (specially CRM/ERP-like applications)

www.erp5.org

Look at http://www.erp5.org/search_form?SearchableText=brasil for Brasil-related
information and try to contact Prof. Rogério at CEFET Campos.

An interesting option would be to port ERP5 to Zope3.

	S.

--
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps