[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 / Five sprint at Nuxeo, Paris, March 14-20

Stefane Fermigier sf at nuxeo.com
Wed Jan 26 17:42:46 EST 2005

Hi,

Nuxeo is going to host a sprint in Paris in March. The sprint will start
on March 14, and will extend nominally for 3 days, though if people are
interested we can extend it to 5 days.

A few people have already been invited privately, just to make sure enough
people were interested. We already have commitment from: 4 Nuxeo developers
(Florent Guillaume, Lennart Regebro, Tarek Ziadé and Julien Anguenot), Martijn
Faasen and Sidnei Da Silva, though I believe several other people are already
booked. Paul Everitt says he is not qualified for the sprint (see below) but
that he is supporting the project :)

The goals for the print are, in no necessary order:

1) Integrate CMF and Five (so that products based on Five can be used without
hacks on the CMF).

2) Work on a native CMS stack for Zope 3 (as it was discussed on several
occasion this summer and later on).

A prerequisite for participating in the sprint is, however:

1) People must already know Zope 3. This shouldn't be a sprint for people that
think, "Man, I've been curious about Zope 3, I'll go leech off all these people
that already know it."

2) People should already be contributing to Zope 3 / Five. Meaning, on the mailing
list, making some checkins. You guys shouldn't waste time with drive-by
participants who aren't committed.

3) Hopefully, the participants have some ability to take decisions made by the
group and get them adopted in their project's long-term roadmap.

4) A commitment to working together and making individual compromises to reach
group gains.

We insist the the sprint goals are to produce design and code, and not
educate newcomers to Zope3 nor just talk about plans and specifications
(which are otherwise perfectly legitimate activities, BTW).

Plans and specs should be done beforehand, either on the Five or Zope 3 mailing
lists.

Please reply on the list(s) if you'd like to participate and if you have
questions.

--
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps