[Zope3-dev] datetimeutils: add localize datetime?

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Mon Jan 31 20:42:31 EST 2005

hi y'all.  Two related questions about datetimeutils.  I needed
something to localize a naive datetime.datetime (i.e., add a timezone)
on the basis of system time.  I decided to harden them using the
approach in datetimeutils, so I leveraged some protected (_*) methods
in datetimeutils and got something that does the job in five or six
lines.

My questions:
does something like this exist already?
If not, anyone mind if I check it into datetimeutils?

I'll probably test it by comparing the returned time against the same
time with the dynamic (non-hardened) system-based timezone in the
datetime library docs, unless someone has any better ideas.

Thanks

Gary