[Zope3-dev] local-utility location and registration

Dominik Huber dominik.huber at projekt01.ch
Mon Jul 4 16:57:26 EDT 2005

Garanin Michael wrote:

>Ok, but my setup code very like your code with little difference:
>- your code: default[folder_name] = utility
>- my code: site[folder_name] = utility  (my question: is it legal?)
>As result i have url "MySite/PAU/USERS" instead
>"MySite/++etc++site/default/PAU/USERS". And it is works.

Ok, finally I got it :)
You try to register a 'content' component within the utility registry.
Certainly the registered component
does not have to live directly inside site folder in order to get
invoked by the utility mechanism (compare global registrations), but it
was a design goal of  zope 3 to divide content- and software space (->
convention). In that respect it would a more adequate solution putting
your pau regularly into the site manager and adding an additional
content component or view that allows to manage the pau-utility within
the content space.

Regards,
Dominik