[Zope3-dev] local-utility location and registration

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 11:22:10 EDT 2005

On 7/5/05, Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
> It is not supported.  We really need to clean this area up
> a lot.  I hope to make some progress on this in Zope 3.2.
> There won't be any backward-compatibility code to support
> unusual usages like yours.

I think we should be able to register things in content space as
utilities, at least sometimes.  We have a reasonable example in the
project I've been working on recently, though it could be done some
other way as well.  (I think the cleanest way would be to have the
registered objects live in content space for our application,
however.)

  -Fred

Zope Corporation