[Zope3-dev] small problem in zc.page?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jul 7 17:13:21 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> Christian Theune wrote: [snip]
>>
>>> I'm actually interested in what the plans/needs for zc.page are
>>> to move into core. Maybe I/we can spend some time on bug fixing
>>
>> Even if not in the core, it'd already help if this wasn't a
>> one-time snapshot but a SVN repository where we can check in.
>
> I wanted to get it into better shape before moving it to the Zope
> repository, but that is looking silly.  I'll try to find time to move
>  it this weekend.

Thanks!

> This raises the question of what it should be called.  I'm thinking
> it should move to the zope package, but page seems a tad too general
> a name. Thoughts?

No ideas on a better name right now.

I hope that moving it into the zope package doesn't mean it will be only
maintained for Zope 3.2 (as it requires python 2.4). While I obviously
don't expect it to be released with Zope 3.1 I hope we can pull a
release of it that can be installed into Zope 3.1 (as long as it's
running Python 2.4). In that sense it being a separate package outside
of Zope 3 may actually make things slightly easier for now, though I
won't argue this too strenuously.

Regards,

Martijn