[Zope3-dev] ILocation vs IContained

Roger Ineichen dev at projekt01.ch
Sat Jul 9 18:47:47 EDT 2005

Regards
Roger Ineichen

Projekt01 GmbH
www.projekt01.ch
_____________________________
END OF MESSAGE

Contained is the mixin class for the __parent__ and __name__
attributes or not?

And we used it as this. Otherwise you have to implement
__parent__  and __name__ in your own classes again and again.

See the commet in the class:
Stupid mix-in that defines `__parent__` and `__name__` attributes

Or did I get somthing wrong?

> The proxy situation is one which I find disturbing; we've seen the
> issues about containment/location proxies in another thread.

Yes, but this doesn't mean we should not use proxies. This should mean
we have to make sure that proxies work! Also the same with trusted
adapters where we fixed allready. I think proxies are a good solution,
but I also think they should not be transparent, they should act more like
wrappers where we see that they are used. I don't like the part on
proxies, that we not easy see that you got one. Why not implement
marker interfaces in proxies where can be checked for a easy
identification?

> I think I'm going to wait until Monday morning to see if Jim has any
> clarification for us; I'd really like to hear his take on this,
> because it sounds to me like it was all thrown together without enough
> thought about how the location and containment ideas play together.
> (Not to say that Jim didn't think about it a lot, but the
> documentation makes me want to know more about what he thought.)

Yup, me too

Regards
Roger Ineichen