[Zope3-dev] ILocation vs IContained

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 18:16:44 EDT 2005

On 7/9/05, Roger Ineichen <dev at projekt01.ch> wrote:
> No, I don't think so. Or at least if you create a object
> from it's factory e.g. in a addform this isn't true
> till the object get added to the container.

Well, I think we're not supposed to be creating objects that inherit
from Contained; I'm not sure what it's for.

The proxy situation is one which I find disturbing; we've seen the
issues about containment/location proxies in another thread.

I think I'm going to wait until Monday morning to see if Jim has any
clarification for us; I'd really like to hear his take on this,
because it sounds to me like it was all thrown together without enough
thought about how the location and containment ideas play together.
(Not to say that Jim didn't think about it a lot, but the
documentation makes me want to know more about what he thought.)

  -Fred

Zope Corporation