[Zope3-dev] zope.exceptions.exceptionformatter

Shane Hathaway shane at hathawaymix.org
Tue Jul 19 12:59:46 EDT 2005

I'd like to change Zope 3 to log exceptions using
zope.exceptions.exceptionformatter.  Zope's exceptionformatter formats
tracebacks with information from __traceback_info__ and
__traceback_supplement__ variables, which is very useful for debugging
problems with page templates.  I've made all the necessary changes in my
own Zope 3 sandbox.  I've also added an option to exceptionformatter for
displaying module filenames rather than module names, so that old
concern is gone.

However, the place where it's possible to properly install
exceptionformatter as the traceback generator is inside ZConfig.
AFAICT, ZConfig tries hard to not import anything from the zope package.
  So I don't know how to get my code installed without poking a hole in
ZConfig.  What should I do?

Shane