[Zope3-dev] Re: Formatting dates

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 20 09:28:00 EDT 2005

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 05:33:00PM -0500, Garrett Smith wrote:
[...]
| Since datetime values are immutable, I assume you're envisioning
| that widgets create tz-aware values. With that in mind, I don't
| understand  'collected timezone-less times from our forms'.

I believe that statement refers to a scenario where the user enters
something like "18:00" in a field in a form (maybe using schoolbell).
The user did not put a time zone with that time, but surely intends a
certain time zone.  The form components need to determine the correct
timezone and associate that timezone with the time value itself.

-D

--
Better a little with righteousness
than much gain with injustice.