[Zope3-dev] KeywordIndex

Gary Poster gary at zope.com
Fri Jul 22 15:12:05 EDT 2005

On Jul 22, 2005, at 2:30 PM, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> Awesome!  I like the idea of set indexes and always looking for new
> indexing technique.  Only having looked breifly at the code myself,
> what
> is the relation between zc.catalog and zope.app.catalog?

The stuff in zc.catalog covers code that would live in both
zope.index and zope.app.catalog.  The current plan is to divide the
code into those two packages once Zope 3.1 is released.

Specifically, the extent catalog extends the capabilities of
zope.app.catalog and might go there; the indexes in index.py might go
in zope.index; the subclasses in catalogindex might go in
zope.app.catalog; the globber will disappear, never to be seen again;
and the other stuff I'm not sure about. :-)

Again, the sandbox README touched on this and described the rest of
the code; I think it's a decent intro.

http://svn.zope.org/Sandbox/zc/README.txt?rev=37377&view=auto

Gary