[Zope3-dev] mysqldbda & mysql 4.1 problem

Dmitry Vasiliev lists at hlabs.spb.ru
Mon Jul 25 02:59:36 EDT 2005

Andy Dustman wrote:
> On 7/24/05, Jaroslaw Zabiello <hipertracker at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I have mysql 4.1 with database and all tables set to utf8. I have problems
>>with Zope3.1beta/win32. I cannot query the database with mysqldbda adapter
>>because I get an error: "unknown encoding: latin1_swedish_ci".
>

> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7891
>
> MySQL-4.1, prior to 4.1.9 (and 5.0.3), returns the collation instead
> of the character set; that's what you're seeing here. What client
> version are you running? I assume you have at least
> MySQL-python-1.2.0; older versions probably won't work with MySQL-4.1
> (some 1.1 versions will, but 1.0 will not).

I've just added the encoding attribute to the ZopeDatabaseAdapter (rev. 37378).
Also I've changed psycopg adapter to respect the attribute. Can someone change
mysqldbda to use self.getEncoding() instead of connection.character_set_name()?

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
     http://hlabs.spb.ru