[Zope3-dev] Re: translate() default value

Benji York benji at zope.com
Tue Jul 26 08:21:39 EDT 2005

Dmitry Vasiliev wrote:
> The simplest solution is to change all translate(text) calls to
> translate(text, default=text). I think we need to do it for 3.1 also.

So we'd either have to duplicate the message text, or place all text in
a variable first, and pass it as both arguments?

     translate('my message text', text='my message text')

Perhaps a switch would be more appropriate.  Something like (with a
better parameter name):

     translate('my message text', text_is_default=True)
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer