[Zope3-dev] Re: mechtest-based README.txt

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Tue Jul 26 13:04:18 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Benji York wrote:
>
>> sureshvv wrote:
>>
>>> I am super excited!!
>>
>> I'm glad to hear that.
>>
>>> Tell me how to do this for Zope2 (with Five?).
>>
>> I have no idea.  I don't have any experience with Five, but I don't
>> think it would take much work for someone to get it to work (perhaps
>> even zero work).
>
> Unfortunately, it would take a lot of work, unless someone has ported
> Zope 3's functional testing framework to Zope 2.

Well, there's a functional testing framework in ZopeTestCase and Sidnei
even ported doctests (including dochttp tests) to ZopeTestCase. Five 1.1
uses doctests everywhere, even for functional tests.

As far as I can see, the only real Zope 3 specific thing in zc.mechtest
is this line in testing.py:

   from zope.app.testing.functional import HTTPCaller

Someone should try and see what happens if that line were replaced with

   from Testing.ZopeTestCase.zopedoctest.functional import http

and then below:

       self.caller = http

Philipp