[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Repository State

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Jul 29 21:27:13 EDT 2005

Hello everyone,

as promised, I have just created the Zope 3.1 branch from which all Zope 3.1.x
releases will be created.

This also means that as of now the feature freeze on the trunk is lifted and
people should feel free to check in new features into the trunk for Zope 3.2.
We will also require Python 2.4 for Zope 3.2, so feel free to use new Python
features such as decorators.

Trunk check-in policy and development notes:

- We are switching to time-based release cycle, which means that all checked
in code must be beta quality, if it is to be considered to be in the release.
Zope 3.2 wil be released in December, that means we will freeze the trunk
mid-October for new features.

- We need to become much better about fixing bugs. I think we should make Bug
Days a regular event.

- We are switching back to a proposal-based development cycle. This means that
you must have an approved proposal online before the code can be checked into
the trunk.

Thanks for reading!

Regards,
Stephan