[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Repository State

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sat Jul 30 09:54:26 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> I'd liek to hear why testbrowser requires Python 2.4.

I haven't tried it on 2.3 yet, but the main thing is the use of
decorator syntax.  Obviously that wouldn't be hard to back port, if a bit
uglier.

> If we decide we want to continue supporting Python 2.3, then I'd want
> to try to make testbrowser (and formlib) work with 2.3.  We haven't
> decided that we need to support 2.3. We need to decide and we need to
> take the Zope project as a whole into account.

Personally I'd like 3.2 to require 2.4, but admit that most people (Zope
2 users especially) might prefer we not force that requirement on them.
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer