[Zope3-dev] Zope 3 Repository State

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Sun Jul 31 10:52:51 EDT 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Julien Anguenot wrote:

>> Benji York wrote:

>>> I haven't tried it on 2.3 yet, but the main thing is the use of
>>> decorator syntax.  Obviously that wouldn't be hard to back port, if a
>>> bit
>>> uglier.

>>> Personally I'd like 3.2 to require 2.4, but admit that most people (Zope
>>> 2 users especially) might prefer we not force that requirement on them.
>>

>> I support 3.2 with 2.4 as well. Just for being able to play with new
>> Python stuffs :)
>

> You can certainly do that in your projects without making
> Zope itself require 2.4.

sure.

>> And is it that complicated to have Zope2.9 working with
>
>> 2.4 ?
>

> The problem is that Zope 2's security protection system works
> by recompiling Python scripts to insert security checks.
> This system has to be reviewed in detail for any change
> in the language, which tests to happen for each Python
> feature release.

right...

> I'm working on a proposal to change Zope 2's security
> system in 2.9, but that will likely be a big job.

You mean migration of Zope2 security system to the Zope3 one right ?
If it's the case I'll be glad to give a hand on this if I can.

> Short of that,
> someone would need to do a security review of 2.4.

You mean in a Zope's scope or the 2.4 itself ?

	J.

- --
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Platform : http://www.cps-project.org
Zope3 / ECM   : http://www.z3lab.org
mail: anguenot at nuxeo.com; tel: +33 (0) 6 72 57 57 66