[Zope3-dev] Missing ObjectContentModifiedEvent

Uwe Oestermeier u.oestermeier at iwm-kmrc.de
Wed Jun 1 12:18:21 EDT 2005

jim at zope.com wrote:
>> Because there is no guarantee that all relevant modifications are
>> accompanied by events?
>
>Right

But this problem is not unique to versioning. If you cannot rely on events
there is also no guarantee that your catalogs are always up to date.

Therefore I'm planning a debug tool that uses a beforeCommitHook to check
whether all modifications I'm interested in are accompanied by events.
This indeed is another way to say that I'm doing versioning better at the
transactional level. My point is, that this debug mode is relatively
expensive and I hope that I can switch it off as soon as all components
fire the events as required.

Uwe