[Zope3-dev] zope.component.bbb.interfaces

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Jun 12 06:43:32 EDT 2005

Hi there,

I just came across a couple of places where the IView interface is used,
e.g. IWidget and IAdding. IView was moved from zope.component.interfaces
to zope.component.bbb.interfaces which contains a couple of other
interfaces, such as IViewFactory, which is used throughout the Zope3
sources.

My understanding of a bbb module/package is that things imported from
there are deprecated. However, there is neither a DeprecationWarning
raised nor a comment or docstring explaining that they are deprecated,
let alone explain WHY they would be deprecated. Also, their ongoing use
in the Zope 3 sources lets me believe that they might not be deprecated
at all.

What's the deal with these interfaces?

Philipp