[Zope3-dev] Re: Existential question about BytesWidget v.s. ASCIIWidget

Derrick Hudson dman at dman13.dyndns.org
Mon Jun 13 09:56:40 EDT 2005

On Sun, Jun 12, 2005 at 08:20:36PM -0400, Stéphane Brunet wrote:
[... (read the thread if you want all the background info) ...]

| What is the "raison d'être" of ASCIIWidget v.s. BytesWidget if they
| expect the same type of input (plain ASCII text) and store it the same
| type of fields?

My interpretation is this:  BytesWidget will accept any byte in the
range 0x00 - 0xFF whereas the ASCIIWidget is intended to only accept
bytes in the range 0x20 - 0x7E and 0x09.  In other words I expect that
the ASCIIWidget will accept only printable characters from the ASCII
character set (IOW "text") but the BytesWidget will accept a sequence
of any arbitrary 8-bit value.

HTH,
-D

--
If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: dman at dman13.dyndns.org