[Zope3-dev] status of zc.page?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jun 16 05:39:21 EDT 2005

Hi there,

Since we keep running into snags and frustrations with the zope.app.form
package, we're checking out zc.page and see whether it could help us
any. We're going to try using it today.

We have some concerns though:

* the snapshot is probably aging as bugs get discovered and fixed in
your repository. Could you perhaps update the snapshot?

* it requires Python 2.4.1. Zope 3.1 to my knowledge is targetting
Python 2.3. It looks like it's fairly easy to rewrite the few decorators
that are in the package itself so they work with Python 2.3 instead, but
we don't want to maintain our own fork. Obviously we want to use this
with Zope 3.1. Am I mistaken about the Python version targetted by Zope
3.1? I'm rather confused that you're apparently using Python 2.4.1 for
internal Zope 3 projects.

Regards,

Martijn